There are two full-time Guidance Officers at the school. The role of Guidance Officers is to provide support for the school community, particularly students, their parents or guardians.
How this is achieved
Guidance Officers offer a confidential counselling service for both students, parents or guardians. They also liaise with a wide network of agencies and individuals, both within and outside the school.
Issues addressed by the Guidance Officers
The issues addressed can be categorized under three broad areas:
Vocational issues: e.g. information about post-school options, course and career selection
School issues: e.g. subject selection, time management, study skills
Personal issues: e.g. relationship problems, problems at home, coping with stress.
How to contact the Guidance Officers
- Students and parents can make appointments through the main school office.
- Students and parents can arrange to see the Guidance Officers either separately or together.
- Parents can also contact the Guidance Officers by telephone through the main office.
- Guidance Officers are available throughout the school day, also before and after school hours, by appointment.
- Our staff section of the school website.