Ken-X is a 3 year program designed to engage and challenge our brightest young minds to be successful in a rapidly-evolving future. Students undertaking this program will have exposure to new and innovative learning experiences, and solve real-world problems with the aid of emerging technologies, viewed through the lens of self, community and the world.
Learning experiences have a strong focus on STEM/STEAM and are structured to support the development of the six 21st Century learning competencies – critical thinking, creativity, communication, collaboration, character and citizenship.
Is Ken-X appropriate for my child?
The Kenmore Extension Program (Ken-X) is designed for high-performing academic students to support their intellectual development and to help them reach their full potential. Through the Kenmore Extension Program we will engage our students in learning opportunities that will provide real-world projects and build the 21st Century skills to future-proof them for work-life beyond school.
Students undertaking Ken-X need to:
- Demonstrate a growth mindset
- Be reflective
- Be able to work individually and collaboratively in teams
- Be iterative in their thinking
- Transfer knowledge across traditional discipline areas
- Solve problems and seek new solutions
- Apply project management capabilities to realise solutions.
To apply for Ken-X - Year 7 in 2023:
1. Read the Ken-X Program Booklet (975KB).
2. Read the Program of Excellence Enrolment Guide (PDF, 641KB) to learn how to apply for Ken-X for Year 7 in 2023.
3. Visit the Enrolling at our School webpage to learn how to book a Year 7 in 2023 enrolment interview and what additional documentation is required.
Please note Program of Excellence applications for Year 7 in 2023 have now closed and any late submission enquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you reside outside of Kenmore State High School's catchment area and your student is not successful in obtaining a place in a Program of Excellence, the enrolment application will still be considered for a mainstream placement and the enrolment decision will be made by the Principal towards the end of Term 3 or beginning of Term 4.
Phone | 07 3327 1555